8 days/7 nights – Denali National Park, Anchorage, and Denai Peninsula
Discover the beauty and majesty of “the last frontier” on an Alaska family vacation. Home to Denali, the highest point in North America, as well as volcanic islands, over 3 million lakes, and 16,000 square miles (41,439 square km) of glacier ice — you’ll explore some of the most stunning landscapes and terrains in the world — by train, jet boat, and bike.
ALASKA FAMILY VACATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Bike Ride in Anchorage: Bike along the Coastal Trail to spot moose and local wildlife. Visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center to learn about Native Alaskan customs, culture and traditions.
- Private Jet Boat Excursion in Talkeetna: Take an exhilarating jet boat ride along the glacier-fed Susitna River into the Alaskan wilderness. Then enjoy dinner in Denali National Park.
- Private Denali National Park Experience: Revel in Alaskan splendor during a private tour deep into Denali National Park. Join your naturalist guide for hiking, a picnic lunch and other amazing experiences along the way.
- Happy Trails Kennels and The Iditarod: Cool your tracks at Happy Trails Kennels and go behind the scenes to learn the history of the Iditarod, the world’s most famous sled race. Meet the racing dogs and the season’s litter of eager puppies!
- Alaska Railroad and the Kenai Peninsula: Hop aboard the Alaska Railroad for a scenic ride along the Kenai Peninsula. Cruise through the breathtaking Resurrection Bay and get an up-close view of otters, seals, porpoises and other sea life.