8 days/7 nights – Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary
Enjoy family river cruising to 8 unforgettable destinations in 4 countries on an all-inclusive adventure along the Danube River through the heart of Europe. These 8-day/7-night vacations are Adventures by Disney-exclusive sailings with AmaWaterways, a leader in luxury river cruising.
DANUBE RIVER CRUISE HIGHLIGHTS
- Hohenwerfen Castle, Lunch And Live Falconry Show in Austria: Explore the legendary, 900-year-old Hohenwerfen Castle, featuring historic sights and art that the whole family can enjoy. Enjoy lunch and then witness majestic birds up close at a falconry flight show.
- Wachau Valley Bike Excursion: Take a magical bike ride from Melk to Krems through the storybook village of Durnstein and enjoy the pastoral landscape dotted with Wachau Valley vineyards.
- Salzbury in Austria: Discover the majestic city of Salzburg with a local expert. Visit the beautiful Mirabell Gardens and other sights made famous from the movie The Sound of Music. And zoom down a mineshaft slide at the Salt Mines of Hallein – Austria’s “white gold”.
- Lazar Equestraian Park in Hungary: Delight in fun activities for the whole family at this famous ranch founded by the Lazar Brothers. Take a carriage ride, enjoy an entertaining horse show and petting zoo and see the famous “csikosok” – Hungarian cowboys.
- Devin Castle in Slovakia: View the ruins of Devin Castle and the famous Maiden Tower perched atop a cliff – an inspiration for many fairytale stories such as the classic Disney movie Tangled. Now serving as a museum, Devin Castle offers medieval activities including archery and candle making with real beeswax.
- Schonbrunn Palace in Austria: Tour the magnificent, world-famous Schonbrunn Palace. See one of its renowned Marionette shows and attend a strudel-making demonstration featuring a famous regional treat – apple strudel!