9 days/8 nights – Heidelberg, Waldeck, Rothenburg, & Munich
Bask in storybook splendor as our Germany tour takes you through some truly enchanting locations. By bike, foot and ferry you’ll explore the uniquely German scenery — as well as the sounds and tastes that accompany them.
GERMANY VACATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Stay in a Fairy Tale Castle: Spend two fairy tale nights at Hotel Schloss Waldeck, an 11th-century castle perched high above the Edersee.
- Biking and Ferry Ride in Waldeck: Pedal on a winding trail along a dazzling Alpine lake and through the local countryside, followed by a ferry ride on Lake Edersee.
- The Steiff Bear Museum: Take a magical interactive tour of the famous Steiff Bear Museum. The company’s founder, Margaret Steiff, invented the teddy bear.
- Neuschwanstein Castle: Visit the snowy-white castle of King Ludwig II — an inspiration for Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland ® Park.
- Pretzel-Making at Striffler Bakery: Have some fun—with a twist—on this tour of Striffler Bakery, the oldest bakery in Rothenburg, where you’ll learn how to make a pretzel from a 4th-generation baker.