11 days/10 nights – Osaka, Kyoto, Takayama, Hakone, Tokyo
Discover a perfect blend of past meets present as you explore this island nation that is steeped in a culture dating back thousands of years, yet is also on the cutting edge of modern technology, fashion and trends. From an isolated village where time seems to stand still to the vibrant city of Tokyo where sacred shrines stand in the shadow of ultra-modern skyscrapers, you’ll embrace the people and the customs of this proud country as you embark on an amazing Adventures by Disney family vacation to Japan.
- Rickshaw Tour: Tour Kyoto’s Arashiyama district and the Bamboo Forest in a traditional rickshaw.
- Kyoto Dinner and Show: Feast in an elegant setting, meet a Maiko and try your hand at Samurai sword play.
- Bento Box-Making: Make an authentic Japanese bento box at a local cooking school—then enjoy your delectable creation.
- Shirakawa-go Village: Visit this serene, traditional mountain village that provides a rare look at life in pre-modern Japan.
- Rural Japan Bike Ride: Enjoy a leisurely bike through the farms and rice fields of Japan’s scenic countryside.
- Hamarikyu Gardens & Tea House: Experience a matcha tea ceremony in this Zen-inspired garden setting.
- Taiko Drumming: Keep the beat as you learn to play taiko, a Japanese tradition that dates backs centuries.