9 days/8 nights – Machu Picchu, Lima, Sacred Valley, & Cusco
Explore the ruins of an ancient civilization and then — through the celebrations and traditions of their ancestors — get a first-hand glimpse into what life was like in the time of the Incas. The Peru vacation, which includes a Machu Picchu tour, is a vibrant and festive adventure that spotlights a unique culture.
PERU VACATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Pachamanca Feast and Inca Dancing: Enjoy a traditional Andean feast known as Pachamanca. Learn the history behind this event, then watch Teatro Sol y Luna perform the dances and stories of the Incas.
- Urubamba River Rafting: Hold onto your hat as you raft down the Urubamba River. Local experts describe the fascinating cultural and natural history as you glide along this scenic route.
- Moray and Maras: Take the ancient Incan path into these ancient ruins and venture into the Sacred Valley as you visit the fascinating salt pan terraces.
- Privately Guided Machu Picchu Tour: Spend the afternoon exploring these 15th-century Incan ruins and stunning views of the magnificent structures surrounded by green peaks glazed by a soft mist.
- Peruvian Weavings: At the Center for Traditional Textiles in Cusco, master weavers demonstrate their intricate art, as well as how to spin and dye alpaca wool.