11 days/10 nights – Osaka, Kyoto, Takayama, Hakone, & Tokyo
Discover Japan, the island nation that embodies its ancient culture while embracing the modern world. From an isolated mountain village to Tokyo, the capital city where sacred shrines stand in the shadow of skyscrapers, you’ll become immersed in the people and customs of this proud country on an amazing Adventures by Disney family vacation.
JAPAN VACATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Rickshaw Tour: Tour Kyoto’s Arashiyama district and the Bamboo Forest in a traditional rickshaw.
- Kyoto Dinner and Show: Feast in an elegant setting and meet a Maiko, an apprentice geisha.
- Bento Box-Making: Make an authentic Japanese bento box at a local cooking school—then enjoy your delectable creation.
- Shirakawa-go Village: Visit this serene, traditional mountain village that provides a rare look at life in pre-modern Japan.
- Rural Japan Bike Ride: Enjoy a leisurely bike through the farms and rice fields of Japan’s scenic countryside.
- Hamarikyu Gardens & Tea House: Experience a matcha tea ceremony in this Zen-inspired garden setting.
- Taiko Drumming: Keep the beat as you learn to play taiko, a Japanese tradition that dates backs centuries.